This is a semester-long project. Your reflections on reading materials and projects will be on your personal blog. Everyone need to post at least one blog post every week. If there is a big project due that week, we will cancel the blog post.
1st Reflection: Reflection on your own technology use
Here are some guiding questions.
- What is technology to you?
- What is the role of technology in your life?
- What is your attitude toward technology?
- What is the purpose for you to use technology?
- What kind of technology do you use in your daily life?
- Do you like to try new technology tools? Why?
- Do you enjoy the life with technology or try to strike a balance between traditional and new ways of life or just want to be traditional?
2nd Reflection: Reflection on how you think about technology can be used for educational purpose
Write at least two paragraphs (with meaningful sentences) to answer the questions: How can technology be used in 21st century classroom? If you were a school teacher, how would you use technology to enhance your teaching?
3rd Reflection: Reflection on Reading “Meaningful Learning Ch 1”
Write at least 2 paragraphs (with meaningful sentences) to answer 3 out of the following 4 questions.
Guiding Questions for the 3rd Reflection on “Meaningful Learning”
- What is the big idea or takeaway you had from the Meaningful Learning with Technology chapter?Is it a new idea or something you believe already?
- Is there anything that surprises you? What is it?
- Has any ideas in this chapter changed your idea about using technologies in education? What is that idea and why?
- Which of the skills described in this chapter are most important to you as an educator? Which are most important to comprehending and being able to apply ideas in your discipline?
4th Reflection: Reflection on Digital Generation
Write at least 2 paragraphs to answer the following questions.
- Do you see yourself as a digital native or a digital immigrant? Why?
- How does the idea of a digital generation impact your potential to meet the needs of your future students?
- How do you think about the problems raised by this kind of divide?
5th Reflection: Reflection on Horizon Report
Write your reflection on Horizon Report (Answers to the following questions)
- Do you agree with the trends listed in the report? Do you see those trend in your life or in K-12 education as they described? Can you give one or two example?
- How do you feel about the challenges mentioned in the report? Are you challenged by them? How will you overcome them? Choose one and think about a solution!
- Among all the technologies to watch, which one is the most interesting one that makes you want to try? Why?
6th Reflection: Reflection on Interactive Whiteboard
- Choose TWO of the following articles to read and then write a reflection on your experience in playing with SmartBoard and Smart Notebook.
- Here are the guiding questions:
- What did you learn from the reading materials?
- Do you think SmartBoard is a good tool for teachers and presenters? Why or Why not?
- If you didn’t have SmartBoard in your dream classroom, will you choose to add one now? Why or Why not?
- In what ways can SmartBoard enhance communication?
- In what ways can SmartBoard enhance collaboration?
- What are the defects of SmartBoard?
- Do you change your thought about buying SmartBoard for schools? Do you still think it is worthy? Why or why not?
This reflection is due next Friday (April 12).