CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION PROJECT
Another group tried the Google hangout on Wednesday. I would like to invite Kelly to share her experience in having this kind of face-to-face communication with her partners. She talked to two Taiwanese girls!
Today is REALLY the LAST DAY to collect the gift you want to give to your Taiwanese partner. Please make sure that you have the card and the gift ready and mark it clearly.
We have already sorted the gifts from you and got the list from Taiwan. Please check to make sure we got everything right.
The discussion questions for this week are:
- Guess what types of food and dishes your team members from the other country eat often? [For example: I believe it is Italian food, pizza, because it’s popular in Taiwan (Pizza Hut) and delicious. The internet and movies like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle also informed my answer.]
- What are your favorite types of food and dishes? Describe the major ingredient in those dishes.
- Guess what your team members like to do with their spare time?
- What do you like to do with your spare time?
Any other question?
If you want to know more about interactive whiteboard, check this website. It provides some more ideas about using the other brand.
If you don’t have any question, let’s try to play with SmartBoard.
- Take a look at these examples for our last project: Learning Adventure
- Think about a problem that needs to be solved in your life.
- Choose TWO of the following articles to read and then write a reflection on your experience in playing with SmartBoard and Smart Notebook.
- Here are the guiding questions:
- What did you learn from the reading materials?
- Do you think SmartBoard is a good tool for teachers and presenters? Why or Why not?
- If you didn’t have SmartBoard in your dream classroom, will you choose to add one now? Why or Why not?
- In what ways can SmartBoard enhance communication?
- In what ways can SmartBoard enhance collaboration?
- What are the defects of SmartBoard?
- Do you change your thought about buying SmartBoard for schools? Do you still think it is worthy? Why or why not?
This reflection is due next Friday (April 12).
- Work on your weekly discussion in VoiceThread.