We finished the stop animation project this Wednesday. However, there are various ways to think about designing your class. We have a guest speaker today to talk about Universal Design for Learning (UDL). Hope you will feel this principle is very helpful for you in general and in your future classrooms!
Our guest speaker, YunJeong Eunice Chang, is a third-year doctoral student in Learning, Design, and Technology program at UGA. She is originally from Korea, but has been to many places. We feel so lucky to have her with us today. Now, I will just hand it over to her!
UNIVERSAL DESIGN FOR LEARNING
You have learned about and created learning tools. But, how can we use these tools for a group of students with diverse levels of achievement? Would it be ok to provide a “one size fits all” type of lesson or tool to your learners and let them fit into your teaching?
Thinking of your own learning, are you good at all subjects? Have you ever needed extra support from your teacher?
Today, we are going to think about the universal design principles for creating a learning environment for learners who have diverse needs. Then, we will discuss how to improve our stop animation projects. For detail, visit https://sites.google.com/site/edit2000ud/.
- Think about a problem that needs to be solved in your life.
- Download SMART Notebook software. (The first software on this web page.)
- If you have presented your stop animation project, please create a new page in your e-portfolio named “Stop Animation Project” and insert your presentation link there.
- Complete commenting (type, record, video-record) on your American partner, Taiwanese partners’ self-intro and the first two discussion.
- Work on your weekly discussion in VoiceThread.
- Read this section on copyright. (only 2 pages!)
- Think about how you are going to talk about copy right issue with your students in the future. You need to write at least two paragraphs about (This will be due next Monday (April 1) in your blog) :
- What you have learned from reading the section on copyright?
- After making your own stop animation video, how do you see the importance of copyright?
- How will you teach your future students about copy right and fair use issue?