CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION PROJECT
Weekly Discussion Questions
- How would you define “beauty”? [Provide at least one personal image]
- How would you do to make yourself beautiful or handesome and why? [Provide at least one personal image. For example, do you like to whiten your skin or put on colon/perfume?]
- What type of outfits do you wear at school and outside of school? [Provide at least two personal image.Showing us your fashion]
- What is your favorite holiday and why? [Provide at least one personal image.
- What did you do during spring break and describe what you did? [For US students only, provide at least one personal image of some of the things you did during that time]
STOP ANIMATION PROJECT
You have got the video in your YouTube channel and I have provided the guding questions already…so you just need to make it public!
Here are the guiding questions again:
- Which grade level?
- What is the subject?
- What is the Georgia Performance Standard that you are using to create this instructional video?
- How might this video help students to understand the concept?
- How are you going to evaluate the students’ understanding?
- What are the difficulties that you have encountered in this project?
- Do you like this project? Why or why not?
- Do you think this idea is good for students’ creativity development? Why or why not?
- How can we improve this project?
- What are the merits and pitfalls of this kind of project?
We all learned a lot of tools in the infomercial project. I want you guys to try it! Therefore, I give you a few choices. You just need to choose one presentation tool and make a presentation including the stop animation you made and the answers to all the guiding questions. However, I DO NOT want to see Q&A style. Don’t give me bulletin points. Make your thoughts alive! This requires you to be creative!
Here are the choices of the presentation tools:
- Glogster (most popular one among school library media specialist)
- Prezi (most popular among scholars and researchers)
- SlideRocket (quite popular among teachers)
- Empressr (popular from Google search)
- Google Presentation/ Google site (what you are already familiar with)
Thanks to Rachael, Ana, Kelly and Vanessa, we have their final product as an example. Here is their Prezi. But if you like, you can put the link to your video in the presentation. In that way, your future readers can read your reflection and watch your video at the same time. We will learn more when they present it this Friday!
- Keep being creative!!
- Think about a problem that needs to be solved in your life.
- Read this section on copyright. (only 2 pages!)
- Get EVERYTHING ready for stop animation presentation this Friday and Monday. We will NOT have time to work on the project any more.
- Complete commenting (type, record, video-record) on your American partner, Taiwanese partners’ self-intro.
- Complete Week 1 Discussion (1220– optional) and week 3 discussion.