Hope you all had a great weekend, even though it was so chilly!
CROSS_CULTURAL COMMUNICATION PROJECT
- What do you think is the most popular sport in Taiwan? [provide at least one image with comment in VoiceThread. Use your own picture (preferred) or online image]
- What sport in America is also popular in Taiwan? [Based on your understanding about Taiwan, find at least one image to talk about this. Use your own picture (preferred) or online image]
- What sport are you good at? (one image per sport. Use your own picture)
STOP ANIMATION PROJECT
Today is another workday for the stop animation project. However, please pay attention to the following things:
- Make sure that you finish making all your set-up today if you didn’t finish it last Friday.
- If you are done with your set-up, you can start to take images today. TAKE MORE THAN YOU NEED! The more images you have, the more smooth the film will be!
- I will STRONGLY recommend that you use a digital camera to take pictures instead of a smartphone, because the resolution from a smartphone is usually low and will influence the quality of the film.
- I will also suggest that you use a tripod to keep the stability…However, this is not required.
- We will talk about how to edit all your images this Wednesday. You will only have a little bit time to work on picture-taking. Therefore, I hope you can finish it by Wednesday.
The following questions are the guiding questions for you to write the reflection on this project after you get it done. You don’t need to think/ worry about it right now. We will talk about it after spring break. It is just for some people who like to think ahead!
- Which grade level?
- What is the subject?
- What is the Georgia Performance Standard that you are using to create this instructional video?
- How might this video help students to understand the concept?
- How are you going to evaluate the students’ understanding?
- What are the difficulties that you have encountered in this project?
- Do you like this project? Why or why not?
- Do you think this idea is good for students’ creativity development? Why or why not?
- How can we improve this project?
- What are the merits and pitfalls of this kind of project?
- Expect to know who your partner will be by the end of this week.
- Expect your partner’s self-introduction next week.
- Keep being creative!!
- sports (03/04-03/06). Find images about the popular sports in Taiwan/ what American sports can be popular in Taiwan/ and the sport you are good at.
- Respond to your partner’s self-introduction and week 1 discussion by Sunday (March 10).
- Finish your set-up/ image-taking by Wednesday.