We will spend a little bit more time to work on the VoiceThread self-introduction today. Michael and I have noticed several issues that we want to address.
1. Make sure that you have at least 10 images. Based on the previous experiences, it is better when you have more images to hel your partners understand who you are.
2. Make sure that you have at least one audio comment and one video comment. By seeing you and listening to your voice will help your partner to picture you in their minds.
3. Make sure that you submit the link.
The first week’s topic is about sports. In order to help you get familiar with what we actually are going to do, we give you the topic earlier.
- What do you think is the most popular sport in Taiwan? [provide at least one image with comment in VoiceThread. Use your own picture (preferred) or online image]
- What sport are you good at? (one image per sport. Use your own picture)
- What sport in America is also popular in Taiwan? [after viewing your partner’s comment, provide at least one image with your own comment in the same thread. Use your own picture (preferred) or online image]
If you want to interact with your partner more, you are welcome to join the optional Facebook group. You can ask more questions there. Or you can post more pictures or have more discussion about the topics are not chosen by the research team.
- Read p.3-p.10 in Horizon Report. You can find the document in our shared folder. There are two versions. If you are interested in knowing the tech trends in K-12 Education, choose to read that one. If you are interested in knowing tech trends in higher education, like where you are, choose the other one. The guiding questions have been posted in the project page. Please post your reflection by midnight on March 1.
- Think about a some sports that are popular in America…and also take some pictures about the sport you choose. This will be the first topic in our cross-cultural communication project for next week (Feb. 25-March 2).
- Finish your self-introduction in VoiceThread by Wednesday (Feb. 20).