One of our 21 cats became an angel yesterday because of the urinary crystal blockage… 😦
But, life needs to move on. So…let’s get things done today!
REMINDER: We start to use the sign-in sheet for attendance record this week. I know some of you didn’t sign in on Monday. Please come see me if that is the case. Make sure that you do sign in every time you come to class!
I. E-PORTFOLIO CONSTRUCTION
I think most of you are done with the e-portfolio. If you want to add something more about you, you are welcome to go back and add the information anytime you like. I believe I will enjoy reading your reflections and the e-portfolio this weekend!
II. PERSONAL BLOG
I know some of you still haven’t created a blog account yet, so let’s work on this together.
When you log into Blogger with your Google account, you have not created a blog yet. You will see this.
You might see this. Then you need to think about a new url until you see something like this.
- Click “View Blog” and then your blog will show. Copy the link and submit it to me. Some of you submitted wrong links to me on Monday. Please re-submit the url to me.
- If you want to create a new post, click that orange pencil and it will let you post a new article.
First of all, make sure that you go to wordpress.com instead of wordpress.org. They have another site for business (I think). After you create an account, it will ask you to confirm the account via your email. Then you need to sign in again. I will demonstrate in class, because my wordpress blog just doesn’t allow me to insert any more images…
If you want to know more about how to use Blogger, you can watch the following video.
I think this is clearer and helpful for you to learn how to create a blog now. If you did get a note from me, that means you didn’t submit the correct url. Therefore, please re-submit the form with the correct links. Thanks!
A few of you checked with me about the purposes of your e-portfolio and personal blog. Therefore, I think I need to make it clear again.
E-portfolio is where you demonstrate all the projects and your learning experiences in those projects. Therefore, when people see your e-portfolio, they will understand what you have done and what you have learned.
Personal blog is about your reflection on the reading materials and your observation about technology nowadays. I think it is a record to show your growth or belief changes in your understanding or idea about technology in 21st century.
- Keep thinking about some interesting topics that you want to work on with a certain group of students.
- If you have sent me both reflections and created your personal blog, you can post the two reflections in your blog by next Monday (Jan.21).
- Read the first chapter in the book “Meaningful Learning”. You can find the article in our shared Dropbox folder. This will be the reflection due next Wednesday (Jan. 23).
MUST (By Friday Jan.19)
- Submit the links to both your e-portfolio and blog.
- Complete the first two pages in your e-portfolio.
- If you didn’t send your second reflection to me, make sure it is in your personal blog already.