Today we work from home or a coffee shop to complete the last two parts of yourlearning adveture. If you have any questios, please email me or just call me.
I. PARENT-TEACHER LETTER
In this section, you will write a letter to parents/teachers with the following in mind:
- An introduction to the adventure for parents: purpose of activities, helpful hints, materials needed, what sections need parental guidance, opportunities for extension (field trips, additional books, etc.), include a list of book titles that relate to the question.
- Rather than simply listing what you find on Amazon – search the Athens library and the CMC – find good books, not just books on the topic.
- Include LEARNING OBJECTIVES: use national standards, not state standards. If you can find a good fit in the state sandards,feel free to use it. The standards of ETS is more general, so it will be easier for youto find one to fit in your learning adventure.
II. AUTHOR INTRODUCTION VIDEO
In your video you will want to tell about yourself and why you choose this topic. If you have any questions, take a look at the examples we have.
After finishing recording, you need to save the file, even a .wmv file as an attachment to your Google Page. However, the file might be too big. I can upload the file to YouTube if you don’t have an account, or you can use your Gmail to log into YouTube. If you are using iMovie, the tutorial includes specific instructions for uploading.
If you are done with everysection in the learning adventure, you justneed to finish the site and write a description about it. Please check the following two parts to wrap up your learning adventure.
III. SITE CONSTRUCTION
It is the same as the way you construct your e-portfolio and almost every group has constructed. Therefore, we just need to work on the navigation bar settings. Many of you are probably wondering why your pages are showing up in alphabetical order rather than the order you intentionally designed. Because we want to create ease in navigation on the site, it is important to organize our navigation bar. The order that we have been talking about is as follows:
- Author Introduction (video)
- Show What You Know
- Apply (Finding a Career)
- Parent/Teacher Letter
You may have chosen slightly different titles to describe you pages and that is perfectly fine.
If you have question in adjusting the sidebars, please let me know and I will help you change.
You have created a new site for this project and you need to make a page to describe this Learning Adventure Project in your e-portfolio before your presentation. So…pay attention:
1. To turn it in, you will need to create a new page on your main website called “Learning Adventure”. Then, write a short description of your Learning Adventure (at least 2 paragraphs).
2. Double-check your learning adventure with the rubric. All group members should do this – make sure everything is covered.
3. Uploading your video to youtube is the easiest way to embed it onto your adventure’s introduction page. You can login to youtube with your google account. Once you’ve uploaded your video, copy the url, go to your introduction page, click on “Insert”, then choose Video<Youtube and paste in the url that you copied earlier. You’ll just see a yellow box on your page but once you save the page you should be able to view your video. Or you can just embed the video into your e-portfolio…but again..I will worry that the file might be too big.
FOR MONDAY (NOV. 26)
Come to the class and get ready to present your learning adveture.
You might want to spend some time to modify your e-portfolio during the Thaksgiving week. If you want to do it, just add a paragraph about what you have learned in the class and some suggestionto this class. You can check this example, or this one. We will take a look at each other’s e-portfolio when we finishpreseting the learning adventure. The winner will get a gift card.