Today we will keep working on the learning contract. Please feel free to ask me any question.
As for the document analysis, please follow the instructions below:
- The final product of the document analysis is a tri-fold brochure. How to make a tri-fold brochure by using Word? Take a look at this website.
- Imagine yourself as a teacher (K-12, higher education, informal learning environment such as museum or after-school program). And try to think that you are going to tell your colleagues how you want to use the ideas in the document you read to help your learners in general. You can imagine that you are doing the annual report to your colleagues. However, if you have specific idea, please be specific.
- Since the final product is a brochure, you need to include some basic columns.
- Introduction– what is the document? published in what year? what is the organization? what are their main focus
- Main body– what are the big takeaway? what do you want to do after reading this document? How are you going to do it?
- Graphics/ Figures/ statistics/ pictures
- ATTENTION: all these are suggestions. You can be creative and think about your own content.
FOR WEDNESDAY and FRIDAY:
We will NOT meet this Wednesday and Friday. I will be in a conference in Louisville, Kentucky. Hope you can take this time to complete your learning contract and document analysis.
The learning contract is due by 11:59 pm on Nov. 5. If you are using your late pass, it will be due by 11:59 PM on Nov. 7.
The document analysis is due by 11:59 PM on Nov. 7. If you use your late pass for document analysis, it will be due by 11 AM on Nov. 9 (which means it will be due by the class).
Since the last day to use your late pass is Nov. 16, I will say that you should grab the opportunities to use your late pass.
Have a fun Halloween and see you next week.