If you haven’t done the mid-semester survey, please take some time at home to complete it. This is important to me. I want to know what else you want to learn and I haven’t talked about it yet; I also want to know how I can make the future classes better. Therefore, please do me a favor to complete this survey. Thanks! I only got 12 evaluations…Here is the link: Mid-Semester SURVEY.
Our goal today is to complete editing the slowmation. Please upload all the images to the computer and make sure that’s the order you want. Then you can stay in this classroom to record or find another empty one for better sound input to finish recording. After recording, please come back to this lab and finish all the editing (music, transition and beginning etc).
Again, quick reminder about iMovie:
Turn off default zoom: Very important: Go to File<Project Properties and click the “Timing” tab in the top left corner. In the “Initial Photo Placement” drop-down menu at the bottom of the window, change the option from “Ken Burns” to “Fit in Frame.”
Once you’ve finished your videos – “share” them to our class Youtube account. I’ll have the login and password available in class.
Once your video is uploaded, share the Youtube link with your group. Then, each group member should create a Creativity and Innovation page in their portfolio. On the Creativity page – you should write a short description of your video (see below) and provide a link to it. In your description, please respond to the following:
- Which grade level?
- What is the subject?
- What is the Georgia Performance Standard that you are using to create this instructional video?
- How might this video help students to understand the concept?
- How are you going to evaluate the students’ understanding?
- What are the difficulties that you have encountered in this project?
- Do you like this project? Why or why not?
- Do you think this idea is good for students’ creativity development?
- How can we improve this project?
- What are the merits and pitfalls of this kind of project?
- Find a resource online that talks about the merits of student-generated educational videos. Talk about how you agree and/or disagree with the resource you located.
We will do another kind of presentation for this projects. Try to think of the whole class as your target students. And then show us the slowmation video and how you are going to use this in your classroom. Each group can have 5 to 8 minutes to do the “microteaching”, which is like a mini lesson.
- START to think about the big ideas that you want to use for your classroom
- Think about this question: If you can create a similar document for your school, what will you talk about?
- finish reading your document already
- keep working on your social media project. Make sure you are ACHIEVING the SHORT-TERM GOALS!
- think about how you are going to present the slowmation project in class. I want to see you present it like a teacher. Pretend that the whole class is your students!