We are not going to meet in the computer lab today, but we are working on this Floorplan project. If you have any question, you can watch the 12-step tutorial again to help you learn more about how to use the tool or just email me or give me a call.
Remember that you can change the setting of each item provided by the Floorplan. Sometimes you won’t see the property of the chosen item…if that is the case, just try double click on the item and then you will see it.
After creating your classroom layout, use these directions (or scan the QR code below) to create a screen shot of it (you can’t use the “create an image” option on Floorplanner because we’re using the free version) and we will insert the image onto your “Learning Environment” webpage later.
Once you finish designing your dream classroom and taking a screenshot, you need to go back to your e-portfolio and create a new page and name it “Creating a Learning Environment”.
On your “Creating a Learning Environment” page, you should:
- insert the image of your learning environment
- have a paragraph that describes why you chose the design
- identify highlights of the room
- explain how the design reflects the needs of the learners and of the curriculum.
- give a sense of what it would be like to spend time in your classroom.
- describe your students and yourself (their teacher).
The page should be 3-4 paragraphs in length. For an example of this assignment, see Sarah’s Portfolio.
- Your Floorplan project should be done before we meet in class in order to get feedback from your classmates. Then you can revise it. The Floorplan project is due at 11:59 PM next Wednesday (Sep.5).
- Remember that your reflection to Meaningful Learning chapter 1 is due tonight at 11:59 PM.
- Keep reading the document you choose.
- Try something fun or new during your weekend. Have a great one!