Hope you all had a great weekend.
We were in a fast pace last week and I feel like we need a little bit more time to finish the first two pages in the e-portfolio and blog. Therefore, our tasks in class today are still the same. Hope you can accomplish them before you leave today. Then we can move into the next stage in the foundation section.
PART I: FINISHING YOUR E-PORTFOLIO
- Create the homepage for your e-portfolio
- Insert images. The images are about you.
- List several things that you want to learn this semester at this moment. (Most of you have done with this part).
- Create an “About Me” page
- Insert at least one image
- Include several links to your favorite websites
- Write 2-3 paragraphs about yourself
We’re just getting comfortable with the tool – so we’ll mess up a few times – but in a few weeks we won’t remember what is was like to not be able to create webpages. Here’s a link to the Help section for Google Sites if you have questions.
PART II: YOUR PHOTO BLOG
If you are finish the first two pages of your e-portfolio, you can work on your photo blog right now. Most of you have already set up the themes and style, which is really good. What you need to do now is to complete your first post– your learning story.
Remember to give me context (how old where you, where were you, etc.), why were you learning this (choice, necessity, etc.), who taught you (self, a family member, etc.), and how did you learn (reading, practicing, etc.). This is due at the beginning of class on Wednesday, August 22.
1. Your learning story in your blog is due before coming to class.
2. Complete your e-portfolio. We are going to share with each other in class.
3. If you haven’t completed the form with your e-portfolio and photo blog sites, please do it before you leave today. Once I have all the links, I will make these sites accessible on our course blog.